• 20 July 2009
  • Posted By Michelle Moghtader
  • 18 Comments
  • Iran Election 2009

Haute Couture goes Green

Model wearing Green wrist bandMariotto honors Neda

Green has never looked so good. Italian designer Guillermo Mariotto wore a Neda Alive shirt to honor Neda, who was killed during the Iranian election aftermath. Mariotto’s attention to detail is quite admirable as every model on the catwalk wore a green ribbon on their wrist.

Posted By Michelle Moghtader

18 Responses to “Haute Couture goes Green”

1. Nikki Ravari says:

Thank you for the support.. I’m writing you from Los Angeles. We Iranians and Iranian-Americans will be supporting you as well…

2. shawn says:

Thank you so much for a wounderfull support from you and we will do the samething toward you

3. Lilly Thomassian says:

Thanx for supporting the Iranian people. We need more people like you.

4. V. says:

I’m writing from Iran (thanks to a proxy server!) and am amazed that this kind of support is happening.
    I guess Mr. Mousavi, as he is a conservative as well (this shouldn’t be forgotten!), doesn’t like such kind of support BUT the youth certainly does.
    Neda’s death has really moved us all here but still many others are dying in the streets. Tehran has become the melting pot of the protests and I am sure that from day to day the wind of change will breath stronger and stronger through our country.
    Yes, Neda is alive and so we are!

5. Babak says:

Guillermo… We love you for your support! Thank you very much!

And we will be there when you need us!

Warm regards from Munich, Germany!

6. Guillermo, we proud of you.
    Thank you.

7. nell says:

It is one of the nicest acts I’ve seen in support of us, Iranians. God bless u all

8. Ramin says:

9. Mehran says:

I am an engineer in Los Angeles,after 40 years hear, my heart is still in Iran. After what you did for my Country you are in my heart.
    I guess indirectly you are in Iran.
    Thanks, I hope some day I help in building your stage in Iran.

10. Nikoo says:

Just wanted to thank you for your beautiful gesture. Only if most of the famous people around the world would care & act like you…
    Thank you!

11. Babak 18 says:

thank you for your support,thinking of Neda brought tears in my eyes not only she died, but hundreds of others as well!I hope one day end of despotism will come and people in Iran breathe fresh air of freedom.
    thank you all of you for your support.

12. Farzaneh Parsi says:

That was incradible.WOW.It was wanderful.Thanks your concerning.

13. Zhubin's Dad says:

Thank you,thank you, and a thousand more THANK YOUS.

14. mohamad says:

neda is the symbol of freedom , not only in my country but in all over the world , she will never die in our hearts .
    i wanna thank you mr Guillermo for your humanity and your creativity .
    iranian poeple need this kind of supports , plz dont let this to be forgotten.

15. Shahi says:

I really admire you because of your kindness and support

Love and hope to have FREE Iran…although freedom is not FREE!

16. Siros Aryia says:

Wow!!! BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO ITALIA!!!
    Gracie for honoring and supporting Iranian people Freedom and Liberty. We Iranians will NEVER forget this.

17. Roham says:

Thanks for supporting us.I really appreciated.

18. p says: